Does your Lumina sometimes disconnect or are there frequent frame drops?
Top reasons for USB connection problems:
You're using a third-party USB cable
- Explanation: Cables may look the same on the outside, but the wiring inside may be very different. That's why, for example, some charging cables are faster than others.
- FIX: Please use the USB cable that came with your Lumina, or use a recommended model below.
You're using a USB hub or adapter
- Explanation: Third-party hubs and adapters from various manufacturers behave very differently, and even new adapters can cause issues. This is largely case by case, even high end adapters could cause data loss issues (frame drops, disconnections).
- FIX: Temporarily try connecting your Lumina directly to your computer as a test for a few days before using an adapter.
Faulty physical contact of computer USB port or camera USB port.
- Sometimes USB ports on computers, or on the camera, are worn out or damaged causing poor contact. This could cause connectivity issues, and frame drops.
- FIX: Try different ports on your computer, generally USBC ports are more stable than the older generation rectangle USB ports.
Lost your original Lumina cord, need a longer one, or just really need a hub? We've tested these to be compatible with the Lumina:
Still having connection problems? To test hardware stability, please try:
- Plugging your Lumina into different ports to test for RAW stability
- Plugging your Lumina into different computers (and different ports) to test for RAW stability
- If RAW is stable on multiple computers, then your Lumina should be fine. Please reach out for software support if you continue to experience issues.
Still need help?
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org - we're here for you!