Difference Between Raw and Plus Modes
Raw Mode 📷
- Video feed directly from the camera AKA plug-and-play mode
- Works better for older computers with less powerful CPU
- Can still zoom in and out, adjust white balance, hue, etc. if you download the Lumina software, but not cameraman, blur, or name badge effects.
Plus Mode ➕
- Video feed with extra AI Functionality from downloading the Lumina software
- If you want to use cameraman, blur, or name badge effects, you need to use Lumina Camera - Plus.
- Must download Lumina software and open the Lumina app
How to Set Up Lumina Camera - Plus
1) Download the Lumina software
2) Open the Lumina application from the software download
3) Click the Open Preview bar on the left side of the Lumina app. Adjust the filters to your liking. The Blur and Cameraman AI effects are visible here.
Choosing Plus Mode On Your Video Calls
1) Open your video conferencing app (Zoom, Meet, Teams...)
2) Select Lumina Camera - Plus under camera options
- For example, on the Zoom app, you can go to the "Video Settings" and select Lumina Camera - Plus in the camera options as shown below:
Lumina App on the Tray Menu
When you close the Lumina App or when the Lumina app hides, you can open it again through the tray menu as shown below:
You can click on Show Menu to get to the main control page of the Lumina App.
Lumina Camera LED Indicator
Lumina has two LEDs, the camera LED and the microphone LED. These LEDs turn on when in use. The microphone LED also blinks once shortly after the camera is plugged in. There's a known issue for microphone LED on macOS Monterey, read more here.
Firmware and Software
On the Settings ➡️ Lumina page, you noticed there's both firmware and software. What's the difference?
To put it simply, firmware is the program we installed inside the camera. Software refers to the Lumina Studio App program you installed on the computer to help control the colors and use the AI features.
Updating both the firmware and software regularly is essential to getting the latest bug fixes and ensuring they work properly.
- macOS M1: download here
- macOS Intel: download here
- Windows: download here